Advertising Policy for FENCiT and The Fence Magazine.
FENCiT prohibits the representation of advertising for business and organisations associated with the selling and promotion of:
- Prohibited Drugs
CODE OF ETHICS
In this Code, the term “advertisement” shall mean matter which is published or broadcast in all of Australia or in a substantial section of Australia for payment or other valuable consideration and which draws the attention of the public, or a segment of it, to a product, service, person, organisation or line of conduct in a manner calculated to promote or oppose directly or indirectly that product, service, person, organisation or line of conduct.
- Customer advertisements shall comply with Commonwealth law and the law of the relevant State or Territory.
- Customer advertisements shall not be misleading or deceptive or be likely to mislead or deceive
- Customer advertisements shall not contain a misrepresentation which is likely to cause damage to the charity or goodwill of a competitor.
- Customer advertisements shall not exploit community concerns in relation to protecting the environment by presenting or portraying distinctions in products or services advertised in a misleading way or in a way which implies a benefit to the environment which the product or services do not have.
- Customer advertisements shall not make claims about the Australian origin or content of products advertised in a manner which is misleading.
- Customer advertisements shall not portray people in a way which discriminates against or vilifies a person or section of the community on account of race, nationality, sex, age, sexual preference, religion, disability or political belief.
- Customer advertisements shall not present or portray violence except unless it is justifiable in the context of the product or service advertised.
- Customer advertisements for any product which is meant to be used by or purchased by children shall not contain anything which is likely to cause alarm or distress to those children.
- Customer advertisements shall only use language which is appropriate in the circumstances and strong or obscene language shall be avoided.
- Customer advertisements shall not depict material contrary to prevailing community standards on health and safety.