Detailed design, planning and site inspections will commence immediately on $40 million worth of bridge, culvert, road widening and intersection upgrades across regional South Australia following the awarding of a contract to McConnelI Dowell Construction Pty Ltd.
Construction will commence later this year with works expected to be completed in mid-2019, weather permitting, and support 106 jobs.
The upgrades will include:
- Widening and guard rail upgrades on the Sturt Highway at Bookmark Creek Bridge (Renmark)
- Widening and guard rail upgrades on the Sturt Highway at Salt Creek Bridge (Renmark)
- Construction of a shared use path and bridge adjacent Bookmark and Salt Creek road bridges on the Sturt Highway
- Widening and guard rail upgrades on the Sturt Highway of the River Murray Flood Plains bridges at Paringa
- Widening guard rail upgrades on the Sturt Highway of Kingston Bridge (Kingston on Murray)
- Replacement of Inverbrackie Bridge on Onkaparinga Valley Road near Woodside
- An intersection upgrade at Onkaparinga Valley Road and River View Road, Woodside
- Widening of the Rocky River Bridge on the Augusta Highway
- Replacement of Altona Bridge on Barossa Valley Way near Lyndoch
- Replacement of Farrell Flat Bridge on Farrell Flat Road near Farrell Flat
- Replacement of Farrell Flat culvert on Farrell Flat Road near Farrell Flat
- Replacement of Lyndoch Bridge on the Barossa Valley Way near Lyndoch
- Widening of Skillies Bridge on Balaklava Road near Auburn
- Replacement of Stott Highway Bridge on Stott Highway near Angaston
- Various bridge and culvert upgrades on the route between Murray Bridge and Lobethal.